Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yahoo Messenger Intergration, How Is It Set up?
AussieOutsider
post Apr 9 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hey,

I've been a long time user of the AMIP Script/Program, and I've been really interested in the Yahoo Messenger Intergration that's been added into the recent BETA versions of the application. The only problem is that I can't get it to work.

Now I know that i'm using Yahoo Messenger With Voice BETA (7,5,0,333) and I'm not sure if I require an upgrade of the BETA of the version or if I haven't set up something correctly. From What I understand, I should be able to just tick the Enable box in the 'Yahoo Messenger' tab, and set up what I want to see as the status but from what I can see - i can't see it working. What needs to be setup or changed for it to work etc?

Thanks for any help smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 9 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

There are no any special settings, it works through the registry, by setting your status to the song info and by telling Yahoo that status has been updated.

I have the same Yahoo version (7.5.0.333) and it works fine for me. I can't say what's wrong with your configuration, maybe your account name contains some characters that break the integration or AMIP can't find Yahoo! window.

Attached Image

Check with your Registry, the following key must exist and contain your active user id:
CODE
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo\pager]
"Yahoo! User ID"="sergecoder"

Above is my setting.
Then check the following:
CODE
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo\pager\profiles\sergecoder\Custom Msgs]
"1"="np: Origa - Diva"

It's the actual away message that is set by AMIP.

Check that you have above registry keys for your user id and report if they contain song info. Also check that you are using the latest AMIP beta version.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Apr 10 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

Thanks for the help

the first thing i tried was updating AMIP (which I did yesterday before posting this) and that didn't help, still didn't show.

However, the first registry entry you showed - Yahoo! User ID wasn't in the registry, so I added it in and it worked.

Thanks Again

+Quote Post
gorecki_md
post Mar 21 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 261

AMIP for Yahoo! messenger works if a add the "Yahoo! User Id"="username" string under "pager", but then whenever i restart the computer or yahoo, that string would disappear again and i would have to enter it again for it to work. Why's that? Is that string present by default (installed by yahoo) or is it created by amip?
+Quote Post
Serge
post Mar 21 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #5

AMIP Developer

This string should be present by default. AMIP looks for it to find the current user and modify his profile messages.

Probably something has changed in the most recent Yahoo versions, I didn't check it.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Mar 25 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #6

AMIP Developer

Just tested, works fine with 8.1.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Mar 25 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #7

AMIP Developer

QUOTE(gorecki_md @ Mar 21 2007, 05:35 AM) *

AMIP for Yahoo! messenger works if a add the "Yahoo! User Id"="username" string under "pager", but then whenever i restart the computer or yahoo, that string would disappear again and i would have to enter it again for it to work. Why's that? Is that string present by default (installed by yahoo) or is it created by amip?

Quote from FAQ on one site:

Q. Why is it not working right? My status changes to other things, like old statuses and songs I'm not listening to right now!

A. You must have "Remember my ID & Password" checked before you log in, or else ***** can't see what ID your on so it can change your status. If that still doesn't fix the program, upgrade to the newest messenger
+Quote Post
gorecki_md
post Apr 11 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 261

oh, thanks! i guess that works. i have other people logging in to ym, that's why i always leave that box unchecked. thanks again!
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 11 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #9

AMIP Developer

Next AMIP+Configurator beta will have an option to specify user ID. Integration will work even if you don't save your ID/password:

Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: