Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Launchy plug-in released, Control your player from Launchy
Serge
post Sep 22 2008, 03:36 AM
Post #1

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Launchy is a nice addition to your OS which will speed up your work by allowing to launch any application by typing part of its name. See http://launchy.net/ for details.

I've created AMIP plug-in which allows to control your media players directly from Launchy.

http://amip.tools-for.net/ds/dl.php?f=/files/ampy.zip

Grab it and provide the feedback here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Sep 22 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Version 1.1 released:
- amip[TAB] commands for AMIP API (readme)
- play[TAB] to play songs from the active playlist
+Quote Post
duramas
post Jan 31 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 671

Exactly the kind of thing I have been looking for.

Only flaw is that it doesn't work very well with playlists around 100+ in size and anything above like 150-180 doesn't work period.

I use Mediamonkey 3 with the AIMP Winamp plugin, does this launchy plugin possibly work better with large playlists (my main one is actually like 1000 songs) on other players?

Thanks.

While I'm here I might as well add a few feature requests if you still plan on working on this plugin at all.

-Interface with the library to play songs from a specific album/genre/artist/etc
-Possibly force it find the closest song within the playlist (from launchy, even if results don't popup)

Hmm just realized while writing this that I can just to CTRL+J to bring up the AIMP window and type the song I want and it will go right back to what I was doing, guess that'll work.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Jan 31 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #4

AMIP Developer

Launchy itself seems to be rather dead. Not sure if it's worth improving support for such application, but thanks for the suggestions, I'm aware of these problems.
+Quote Post
duramas
post Jan 31 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 671

QUOTE(Serge @ Jan 31 2009, 12:51 AM) *

Launchy itself seems to be rather dead. Not sure if it's worth improving support for such application, but thanks for the suggestions, I'm aware of these problems.

Yeah it is pretty dead. Another program Executor http://executor.dk/ looks promising and has features added quite often. The latest test build has been on going for the the better part of the year and is updated often and is current as of December.

I use both Launchy and Executor because atm Launchy has better search/indexing capabilities where as Executor is based more on keywords, but has a lot more features.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 20 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #6

AMIP Developer

New version is published. I've also released the sources so that one can build it for any Launchy/VC/QT versions combination.
+Quote Post
bishop
post Sep 4 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 957

Hello Serge,

i was wondering if you could upload a launchy 2,5 compliant version of ampy, I'd love to have this functionality but I don't have the environment installed to build it myself and I also know almost nothing of how to do this. So it would be very nice if you could do this if it doesn't bother you too much

regards, bishop
+Quote Post
Serge
post Sep 4 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #8

AMIP Developer

Current version works fine with Launchy, however, you must be sure to use the same QT and VC version.

The easiest way to ensure compatibility is to build it yourself from the source code.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: