Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trojan exe in AMIP Config
Jessica
post Oct 21 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 399

So I'm using my winamp like normal and AVG brings up a warning box about a Trojan virus, I delete the offending file and find that it's the exe for my AMIP Config. Concerned, I uninstall the config and reinstall but encounter the same problem.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or know how to fix it?

Many thanks,
Jess.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Serge
post Oct 23 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

It could be because of the file signature similar to the trojan. Like using methods that run processes hidden or similar stuff. Ask your antivirus vendor why.
+Quote Post
Tricks
post Oct 25 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 410

QUOTE(Serge @ Oct 23 2007, 05:18 PM) *

It could be because of the file signature similar to the trojan. Like using methods that run processes hidden or similar stuff. Ask your antivirus vendor why.

Im having exactly the same problem at the moment, avg techs have asked me to send them the exe as a archived zip with it being called a virus so they can check it out, problem being i cant do that everytime i try to zip it up i get access denied by windows because i dont have the priviledges, which i do seen as im the main administrator of the computer.

Just to clear one more thing up serge why on the main website do you have the version of jConfigurator as 0.32 when the rar containing the configurator is actually 0.33?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: