Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Streaming Audio + mIRC Bug
Xorlev
post Jun 21 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79

I have noticed when using streams AMIP does not update its information from the new metadata. Rather it uses the information when it was initially polled. Instead, it should be polling every <x> metadata interval bytes to see if the title of the stream has changed (e.g. streams which also sent the name of the song they are listening to). I usually listen to streams and I'm unable to display the current song I'm listening to because AMIP has the nasty habit of caching it.

Perhaps you could add variables just for streams, such as %stramaddress so that we could write conditionals into our code to check a variable like %stream and if so use a different format...e.g., %streamtitle -+- %streamaddress [%kbps kbps + %listeningfor minutes].

It does appear my bug report has turned into a feature request so I'll stop now. I'd be happy if the stream title was updated properly. smile.gif

Thank you,
Xorlev
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Jun 21 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

This task is performed by player. If player polls metadata and provides this info to AMIP, this works fine. foobar2000 is known to work correctly with streams metadata and AMIP gets updated info for the same stream.

For streams %fn variable contains stream URL and you can use it in conditions (match http://) to know if it's stream or not. Also in 2.53 beta the %stream flag has been added for this purpose.

Your bug report and feature request makes no sense, since it's not AMIP bug, AMIP works fine with streams if player provides correct support and your feature request is obsolete because AMIP already has such functionality.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: