Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dynamic Signature Question
Liquid
post May 12 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

I've been using amip for some time now and I'll admit that I LOVE it. Real-Time updating and such come in handy to let everyone know what i'm currently listening to here at work, when I post on messageboards, etc.

My question is I've used seen people using Last.FM for sometime now, and it basically does the same thing, although with some lag, but I LOVE how it will show the last 5 songs that were played, and as a new song plays it moves the last on the list off, puts the new song at the top, etc.

So my question, is there any way to do this with AMIP using the dynamic sig generator. Would be great if I could list the song name, duration, album etc...all the info I can currently display about a single song, but about the last 5 songs I played.

So anyone have ANY ideas? Thanks in advanced!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post May 12 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

It can be done with a little bit of scripting. It requires some PHP knowledge, though. You can modify the signature.php script to keep log of last played songs in file on the server and add them to the generated signature.

I'm afraid that you are looking for the ready script which I don't have at the moment, unfortunately.

Probably someone will contribute it or I'll write it myself eventually.
+Quote Post
Liquid
post May 13 2006, 02:23 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

QUOTE(Serge @ May 12 2006, 07:32 PM) *

It can be done with a little bit of scripting. It requires some PHP knowledge, though. You can modify the signature.php script to keep log of last played songs in file on the server and add them to the generated signature.

I'm afraid that you are looking for the ready script which I don't have at the moment, unfortunately.

Probably someone will contribute it or I'll write it myself eventually.

Hrm, I haven't even looked at the script yet. I've done some php programming before, mostly php/mysql for just tweaking messageboard software and such. I'll have to take a peek at the script, but it's probably not going to be that easy for me. If you get time for it, or know of anyone who does....please let us know, thanks!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: