Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random in MSN
difference
post Apr 10 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

Hi,

My hotkey for AMIP does not work in MSN. If i change hotkey and restart Winamp AND MSN it works for a while.

Anyone else having this issue? Solution?

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 10 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Some users reported this probelm, I have no clue what causes it. It's specific to MSN only.

If you are using MSN Plus, try removing it. Also try to use different keyboard shortcut (not involving Ctrl+Alt) and add MSN to exceptions list in Clipboard settings (msnmsgr.exe).
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 11 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Changing to i.e. Win+S did not work either!
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 11 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #4

AMIP Developer

I can't do anything about this issue since I don't know what is causing it.
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 11 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #5

Well,

Your program does not seem to cooperate too good with MSN.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 11 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #6

AMIP Developer

It's MSN problem, AMIP works well via clipboard with other applications. Why do you blame AMIP instead of blaming MSN?
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 11 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #7

You blame MSN instead of AMIP. Funny! =) I think MSN is quite more tested.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 11 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #8

AMIP Developer

The fact that AMIP works with all other applications except MSN is enough to say that the problem is in MSN. I don't know what is the problem since I don't have MSN sources, but I have AMIP sources and I know that AMIP is doing all right for MSN, as for all the other applications.

In this particular case there is no doubt that the problem is specific to MSN and that it's not the problem with AMIP.
+Quote Post
Markus -voks- Henn
post Apr 11 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

@Serge: Why do you even support MSN Messenger? I wouldn't support that crap of software.

@difference: AMIP is working fine with every other Application, only with MSN it doesn't. So you think AMIP is the evil?
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 11 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Markus -voks- Henn @ Apr 11 2006, 07:57 PM) *

@Serge: Why do you even support MSN Messenger? I wouldn't support that crap of software.

@difference: AMIP is working fine with every other Application, only with MSN it doesn't. So you think AMIP is the evil?

Yeah, that is the way to solve a problem! Especially when MSN is one of the biggest IM protocols/software there is. And no, running MSN in Miranda or any other software does not solve it since it drops a lot of functions that MSN Messenger has.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 11 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #11

AMIP Developer

Instead of whining here about support, you'd better provide the exact steps how I can reproduce the problem. I have MSN Live Messenger 8 BETA and I can paste from AMIP without any problem.
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 12 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Serge @ Apr 11 2006, 11:44 PM) *

Instead of whining here about support, you'd better provide the exact steps how I can reproduce the problem. I have MSN Live Messenger 8 BETA and I can paste from AMIP without any problem.

I have 7.5. What else to know?

Of course I am whineing about the support in this.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 12 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #13

AMIP Developer

I din't have any problems with 7.5 as well. I don't know what I can do to fix it on your machine with your MSN installation.

Can you at least describe how and where you paste and when the problem starts to occur?

Of course I am whineing about the support in this.

Hey, AMIP is free, you didn't pay for it and I don't owe you anything. You can kindly ask for support and I might help you, but you can't demand it.
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 12 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Serge @ Apr 12 2006, 02:18 AM) *

I din't have any problems with 7.5 as well. I don't know what I can do to fix it on your machine with your MSN installation.

Can you at least describe how and where you paste and when the problem starts to occur?
Hey, AMIP is free, you didn't pay for it and I don't owe you anything. You can kindly ask for support and I might help you, but you can't demand it.

Omg, it just dont work. If i change hotkey and restart msn, it works for a couple of hours or a day.

I have had it since i started using amip, and two of my firends have the same.

EDIT: Very strange. If I use hotkey to paste now playing in i.e. miranda, and then copy it, and try to paste it into MSN, then the copy did not work, i have to redo a couple of times to get it working. But if i write something in miranda and do the same, it works fine, when not copying the thin paster from amip. Very strange. That is why i whine a little about it.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 12 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #15

AMIP Developer

Does it depend on the song title you are playing or it's happens randomly for different titles? Can you paste anything into MSN using Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert when it starts to happen?

It may be somehow related to different clipboard formats, for example if you have something in clipboard in Rich Text Format, MSN may prefer it and try to paste instead of plain text format that has AMIP song info, if RTF text in clipboard is empty, or contains only some special chars then it will have no effect. However, in this case I don't understand why changing hotkey in AMIP helps.
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 12 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Serge @ Apr 12 2006, 04:01 AM) *

Does it depend on the song title you are playing or it's happens randomly for different titles? Can you paste anything into MSN using Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert when it starts to happen?

It may be somehow related to different clipboard formats, for example if you have something in clipboard in Rich Text Format, MSN may prefer it and try to paste instead of plain text format that has AMIP song info, if RTF text in clipboard is empty, or contains only some special chars then it will have no effect. However, in this case I don't understand why changing hotkey in AMIP helps.

It does not depend of anything you wrote there. sad.gif

Hmm, as I said, changing hotkeys does not help.

Ok, AMIP hotkey works in MSN only a while after it (MSN) is started. Then it stops to work. Very strange.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 12 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #17

AMIP Developer

Unfortunately, there is no enough information to trace and fix it. I put it on hold until more details on how to reproduce it or suggestions why it happens are posted here.
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 12 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Serge @ Apr 12 2006, 09:20 PM) *

Unfortunately, there is no enough information to trace and fix it. I put it on hold until more details on how to reproduce it or suggestions why it happens are posted here.

There are nothing more to say. It work fine after restarting MSN. But only for a couple of hours.
+Quote Post
difference
post Apr 15 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #19

Ok, when it stops working in MSN it is enough to restart MSN to get it working again. So okey, MSN must be the whole problem. Bu tyou can wonder why? :S
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 16 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #20

AMIP Developer

I have no idea. I've reworked clipboard integration a bit, it will be available in the next build, however I'm not sure if it will fix the MSN problem.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: