Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Status messages to a user named "status"
Zorkman777
post Mar 27 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 499

I've been getting random messages from people on an irc network who are using your software. I haven't ever been in the same channel with these people randomly messaging me, but they send me messages every few hours like:

* jitan06 Window np: Takeharu Ishimoto - On the Verge of the Assault (from FFVII "Those Who Fight") [03:07m/266kbps/44kHz]

And it gets annoying after a while. Again, I think the problem is that it sends the messages to any user named "status". Please fix this as soon as you can.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jitanxp
post Mar 27 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 500

Detailed problem description

I just installed AMIP v2.63 for foobar2000 v0.9, using only default settings I turned it on and announced on a single channel I was on. A user going by the nick of "status" began to message me saying he also received my now playing info, but clearly I did not intend to message him and only wanted to send the NP info to a specific channel. The affected user has also stated that he has also received the same message in the past from different users as well, sending him their now playing info.

My guess is the "Status output" box with /echo -s is the culprit. Turned that option off and so far no the affected user hasn't received any further announcements.

Steps to reproduce

Installed AMIP, used /dde mplug options, set to default and use /dde mplug announce.

AMIP version

v2.63

Player version

foobar2000 v0.9.5.1
+Quote Post
Markus -voks- Henn
post Mar 27 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

Bug confirmed. But it's not the status output making problems, it's the preset itself.

it's using $active, whatever the active window is. If the active window is the status window, it tries to send the message to 'Status'. Just a normal behaviour for mIRC. Serge has to fix this. ;-)

In mIRC I would do something like:
CODE
$iif($istok(channel query chat, $active, 32), describe, echo -a)
+Quote Post
Zorkman777
post Apr 3 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 499

Thanks.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: