Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winamp 3 Slowdown, AMIP causes Winamp 3 to lag considerably
FirestormX
post Sep 27 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

Hi,
I recently got AMIP for my msn messenger "now playing" message, as it was the first (and only) plugin that I found, that worked with winamp 3, and not just 2/5. (I prefer winamp 3 over 5, mostly because I've been using it since it came out, and it plays my music, without a ton of extra stuff that I don't use) For the most part, it works fine and all, however it causes a LOT of lag whenever I have msn messenger running, and I manually change a song. (It doesn't lag when it changes automatically, however my CPU usage reaches 100% for several seconds)
My playlist is several thousand songs long, but before AMIP, song changes were instant, and required no extra CPU usage. But when msn messenger is running with AMIP, it can take 5 to 10 seconds to change the song, and the CPU usage will go to 100% for those 5 to 10 seconds. On top of that, if I've minimized winamp to my system bar, and leave it there for a while, then open it up again, it will take a very long time to become totally visible and useable. Even once it's visible, I experience severe lag, right-click menus don't show up for a while, scrolling through my playlist uses up so much CPU that the song freezes, etc. (Again, without AMIP, it would be nearly instant)
If I don't have msn messenger running, everything runs much faster. It seems like it lags a little bit more than usual, but that's probably just me being paranoid.
Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to configure something special? (All I've changed in the options, is made the msn song notifier thing display %name, without the album)

Just as a side-question, I have hotkeys set up for my winamp, and I usually pause my songs when I leave, rather than stoping, so if I leave for lunch or something, and pause my song, that song stays in my personal message until I get back and change the song. I wasn't able to find a way to make it not display anything when I pause a song, but I think I got pretty close to making it work. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Sep 28 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm not sure why it becomes slow. Try latest MSN/AMIP versions, get latest 2.53 beta. In the Performance settings disable EncSpot. Winamp3 is known to have memory leaks and AMIP may trigger them is some cases. I don't recommend you using this crappy software, it was abandoned in favor of Winamp 5.

Just as a side-question, I have hotkeys set up for my winamp, and I usually pause my songs when I leave, rather than stoping, so if I leave for lunch or something, and pause my song, that song stays in my personal message until I get back and change the song. I wasn't able to find a way to make it not display anything when I pause a song, but I think I got pretty close to making it work. Is there a way to do this?

It's possible, in the Pause callback put /msn command, refer to AMIP and AMIP Configurator documentation for details.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: