Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Support Danish Letters, Concerning the support of the "æøå" letters
™ TranceAddict ™
post Jun 5 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 303

Hi I just wondered if you could make a new amip plugin which supports the danish letters "æøå" because any danish songs with those letters looks weird when "blå øjne" look like this "ble xjne". So I would be very thankful I your next version did support those letter.

// TranceAddict
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Jun 5 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Unicode support is already planned for AMIP 3.0.
+Quote Post
™ TranceAddict ™
post Jun 5 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 303

I really think this plugin is great so I'm looking forward to that smile.gif
+Quote Post
DBG
post Feb 24 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,043

QUOTE(Serge @ Jun 5 2007, 07:18 AM) *

Unicode support is already planned for AMIP 3.0.

Mostly note the date =p. I know all too well how real life can come in the way of pet projects (it's the reason I took my website down a year ago, because all the tools and information was so outdated it wasn't worth the price of hosting), however unicode support has been such a "must-have" feature for so long, would you consider a donation pot (like setting up a project at Kickstarter) for unicode support. Let's say if enough people pay 500$ within 30 days you will add the support (I know you are talented enough and there are enough libraries out there that would make it a non-issue based on what you have done so far). Just something I'm hoping you will consider.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Feb 24 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #5

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks for the feedback, yes, it could be an option. I just don't have a lot of interest and time to implement it in any case, even if I'd get paid $3000. It's a hobby project after all and it is developed for fun, not for money.

Adding Unicode is a boring and time consuming task, it's not fun at all. On the other hand missing Unicode support stops me from adding new features and releasing updates.

I'm not saying that it will never appear, but right now the project is on hold and I don't want to give you promises that I can't carry out, like some other developers do.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: