Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Simple security mechanism, To ensure unwanted users to not get access to amip
uplate
post Nov 4 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 391

Hey Serge,

I was wondering if there is currently a way or if it is part of future plans to implement a simple security mechanism. I don't want unwanted requests to my AMIP server or to my ClientService implementation. I realize this is not a problem for most people as they probably use both the client and server components within a single, close network. However, I am likely to use AMIP on one network and the client on another, meaning communications will occur through unsecured paths, and I will have to expose the necessary server ports to WAN. I was thinking perhaps an authentication method could be added to both the AMIP MyService and client ClientService, perhaps something like:
CODE

RCF_METHOD_V1(void, authenticate, std::string );

And it could be toggled at both endpoints (amip configurator, ac.dll) to require authentication or not. Although I think this would require rewriting of amip to return an error if exec,eval,etc. are attempted prior to successful authentiation...

For now, I will just bind the servers on non-default ports, or tunnel the traffic through SSH :-P.

Thanks,
Max
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
uplate   Simple security mechanism   Nov 4 2007, 05:38 PM
Serge   Yes, such feature is planned. RCF has built-in fun...   Nov 4 2007, 09:28 PM
uplate   nice that sounds good :-)   Nov 6 2007, 04:41 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: