Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AMIP-Winamp fails to fill in variables
ian
post Jan 14 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 658

My friend on IRC's AMIP (fb2k) randomly stopped filling in the variables for songs this morning. Seeing this, I tested my own AMIP installation (Winamp), and sure enough, it had stopped working as well. I use the clipboard preset, and now when I utilize my configured key combination, it outputs the preset, and does not fill in the variables: /me np: %1 - %2 (from %4, %5) [%flMB/%brkbps/%ext]

Versions
Winamp: Latest (5.541)
AMIP-Winamp: Latest (2.65)
Configurator: Latest (0.34)
Java: Latest (6u11, nov 25 2008 [although the Configurator says 11.0-b16 is installed])

I tried restarting Winamp, and all of Windows. I've looked through all of the Configurator's options, and it looks fine. I have all other integrations disabled. In the General tab, AMIP and hotkeys are enabled.

Your help would be appreciated,
ian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Jan 14 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Does Ctrl+J work? Does it show the current song in the list?

If not, then AMIP doesn't get the correct information from the player about current song and therefore is not able to fill in the variables.

Try reinstalling Winamp (clean reinstall into the empty directory and default configuration). Also reinstall AMIP with default settings (or reset AMIP settings via AMIP Configurator).
+Quote Post
ian
post Jan 14 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 658

After resetting (restoring to default) Winamp's Jump to File (gen_jumpex.dll) plugin, it started working again. I'm not sure what exactly the issue was, but apparently it's working fine now! Thanks!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: