Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Song stuck and not updating in AIM profile
JayG30
post Aug 30 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 591

OK, I'm not sure if this is a bug, my own error, or something that AMIP just can't account for. I'm using AIM version 6.8.6.12, Foobar2000 v0.9.5.5, AMIP config. v0.34. Basically everything works as it should if I exit foobar before I exit AIM. Specifically, the %song in my profile resets to nothing and when I enter back into AIM, start foobar, it updates correctly. Now if I exit AIM before foobar, than when I enter back into AIM the last song that was played before I exit is still in the profile and is just part of my profile. It will not update the songs anymore. I have not tried to see if this is similar behaviour in any other setups. I'm wondering if there is something I can do so that regardless of what program I exit first, foobar or AIM, the %song in my profile works correctly and doesn't change over to a simple text entry in the profile.

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JayG30
post Aug 30 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 591

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean by "update the entire profile option"? Currently %song is being used in the profile, because I don't want to wipe out anything else in the profile. I'm updating %song with %s (configured in foobar). I tried a few combinations with the callbacks/web commands, but didn't get the results I was looking for (although one way works, but it wipes the entire profile including color, font, etc. info which isn't desired). I feel like their probably is a way to do this with callbacks/web, but I will confess I'm not up to speed on all the switches/commands. Still learning.

A side note, I really like the current song time commands (%pm, %pm) but using them for AIM can cause issues with rate limits. I didn't think it would, but I guess every time the playback time changes AIM treats it like you are sending a message. Changing check song change to 3000ms.+ seems to prevent rate limits, but obvious time jumps 3+ seconds instead of being a seemless count. I'm not sure if there is a way around this from AMIP's end. Only workaround I could think of would be to Bot the screenname and remove rate limits.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: