AAC files (.m4a) that contain unicode characters (e.g. □) crash within 1 second of playing in foobar2k (Windows 7 64-bit). I have updated foobar2k with no success, and got this result in the online troubleshooter:
The following components found on your system are known to be problematic and should be either uninstalled or updated to their latest versions:
foo_amipwrapper.dll : AMIP Wrapper 1.01
Reason: Repeated crash reports.
Other players work fine with these files, and this has happened to me on two occasions with completely different albums (I rarely encode to AAC).
Process: add the song to a playlist, try to play it, hear a split second of the file playing, and then foobar2k stops responding. Happens 100% of the time. The amount of time it takes for it to crash is variable but within one second of the song playing.
I have the same problem with AMIP for Winamp. De file seems to open but after a second or so Winamp crashes. It's almost certain that AMIP is the reason for the crashes because, when I uninstall AMIP or when I uncheck "Enable AMIP" there are no more crashes.
Winamp: 5.666 (dec 12 2013)
Windows 8.1 x64
Tests i did:
Crash when playing following files:
D:\Gedeelde documenten\Muziek\Muziek\Alt-J (∆)\An Awesome Wave\12 Bloodflood.m4a
Also tested it with other tracks from that album (all m4a).
D:\Gedeelde documenten\Muziek\Muziek\Alt-J (∆)\An Awesome Wave\12 Bloodflood.mp3 (converted file, same folder with special character)
I hope this can get fixed.
I read now in the forums there is no unicode support. Hopefully this will be supported someday.
Powered by Invision Power Board
© Invision Power Services