Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Won't Output To Text File
Dale
post Sep 6 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 147

This is driving me crazy. I'm trying to have AMIP output the current song to a text file so that autoprofile for Gaim can then put the song in my profile. I had this exact same setup years ago and it worked perfect for at least a year, until I did a format and didn't feel like setting it up again. Well now I'm trying to set it up and can't get it to work.

I'm using Foobar 0.9.3.1 and AMIP 2.53

What's driving me nuts is that it was updating fine, but I couldn't get ride of the np: so I installed the java based configurer and changed it in there, and that was when it stopped working. So then I uninstalled the configurer, and then AMIP and Foobar, but still won't work. And what else is crazy is that it'll put "Nothing" in the text file on exit (which is what I have it set to do), and it'll even update the song like once out of every 20 songs.

I've tried just about every tag I could, thinking maybe one's I was using were blank, as well as just putting plain text in there. I know it must be some basic option I have unchecked somewhere, can anyone help?

EDIT: I've sinced figured out that the one out of 20 update I mention above is in fact the first song played upon opening foobar. Foobar dosen't start playing a song automaticlly so whatever song I choose for it to play will be updated, then not again unless I close and reopen. Also I've noticed that even when I uninstall AMIP the options are still configured the way I left them. Where are they stored? And is there a way to reset them to defaults?

EDIT: Well I fixed it. It was pretty odd, I noticed that when I changed the old config part it would update how it update that first song. Then I noticed even if I updated it while the player was open it would still change how it was displayed, so it wasn't that it wasn't updating the file, it was just that it thought the song was still whatever was first played every time it changed. So I figured it might be something wrong with Foobar, I uninstalled everything, and deleted every reference I could find to foobar, reinstalled and it work fine.

Like I said I used this before and it worked quite well, so thank you for a nice plugin.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: