Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AMIP for WMP, pleez :)
satellite
post Apr 10 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29

WMP is a very big music media player - pretty popular. Plus, there's some of us out there that just don't like winamp and prefer wmp, sort of like some people out there prefer IE over FF. Anyway, this would be a big plus for your program I think! biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 10 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

This feature has been requested many times (on the old forum). I'm considering WMP support, it might appear in the nearest future.
+Quote Post
satellite
post Apr 29 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #3

do you think you could just give us an answer on when this will be released. and when i say an answer, i mean if you are really even planning on implementing this. just be honest. should we keep waiting (i myself for 2 years now as you can tell by the original post date of the topic) or do you really have no plans to make this - only to keep saying "in the near future"? just some honesty would be nice
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 29 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #4

AMIP Developer

As AMIP is a non commercial product and you didn't pay me any money, you can't demand anything from me.

I work on AMIP for fun when I have free time and when I feel it interesting. It happens randomly. There are periods with high coding activity and there can be months when I don't write a single line of code for AMIP.

Yes, I do plan WMP support, but I don't know when it will appear as I have other work to do and I also have a real life.
+Quote Post
satellite
post Apr 29 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Serge @ Apr 29 2008, 02:51 PM) *

As AMIP is a non commercial product and you didn't pay me any money, you can't demand anything from me.

I work on AMIP for fun when I have free time and when I feel it interesting. It happens randomly. There are periods with high coding activity and there can be months when I don't write a single line of code for AMIP.

Yes, I do plan WMP support, but I don't know when it will appear as I have other work to do and I also have a real life.

i'm sorry, but i was not demanding anything from you. i've seen your other posts talking about how this is a free program and you can only work on it in your spare time - that all makes perfect sense to me. all i wanted was a simple answer to whether or not you ARE planning on implementing this, or if you were just telling us you were. i mean, you can only expect us to be a little curious considering the wait length that most all of us have had to endure.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Apr 29 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #6

AMIP Developer

Understood. I'd like to support WMP and have been planning it for several years. At this point AMIP requires major rewrite to support Unicode and the new tagging library. Until it's done, it makes no sense to support other players as the integrations will need to be rewritten too.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: