Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gtalk status menu opens, fb2k interface freezes
arielCo
post Feb 28 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,081

Hello Sarge,

Something's odd about the way AMIP updates my Gtalk status with fb2k 1.1.3. When it tries to update the status, the Gtalk status dropdown shows up on top of whatever I'm doing (see attachment), and the fb2k UI "freezes" until I click on said menu or switch to any other window. The status isn't updated, anyway.

Attached Image

I also attached my plugin.ini file. Any thoughts?

regards,

-- ariel

Attached File(s)
Attached File  plugin_ini.txt ( 3.04k ) Number of downloads: 963
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Mar 1 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Gtalk integration works by emulating user input, if it can't find the required component at the supposed location, it will not work. I didn't check it for a long time, probably UI has changed in Gtalk.
+Quote Post
arielCo
post Mar 2 2011, 11:52 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Serge @ Feb 28 2011, 09:59 PM) *

Gtalk integration works by emulating user input, if it can't find the required component at the supposed location, it will not work. I didn't check it for a long time, probably UI has changed in Gtalk.

Thanks Sarge (wow, that was fast). How does WinAMP do it? I just downloaded version 2.95 to see if it still works and behold, it does.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Mar 3 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #4

AMIP Developer

Do you man that it works with AMIP from Winamp? Plug-in code is the same so it should work or not work from all the players. Weird.
+Quote Post
arielCo
post Mar 3 2011, 05:09 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Serge @ Mar 2 2011, 09:16 PM) *

Do you man that it works with AMIP from Winamp? Plug-in code is the same so it should work or not work from all the players. Weird.

Oh no, I meant that plain-vanilla WinAMP (an old version btw) can update the status in Gtalk. It must be a different method instead of simulating user input (socket?), since the dropdown doesn't show.

The foo_winamp_spam page in the fb2k wiki says:
The component works primarily by creating a window with the Winamp 1.x classname and setting the current song title to it. This allows programs to find the Winamp window handle in order to send further messages.

Tomorrow I'll use Winspector or something like that and see if that's how it does it.
+Quote Post
Serge
post Mar 3 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #6

AMIP Developer

QUOTE(arielCo @ Mar 3 2011, 08:09 AM) *

Oh no, I meant that plain-vanilla WinAMP (an old version btw) can update the status in Gtalk. It must be a different method instead of simulating user input (socket?), since the dropdown doesn't show.

The foo_winamp_spam page in the fb2k wiki says:
Tomorrow I'll use Winspector or something like that and see if that's how it does it.

Yes, it uses the different method to pretend Winamp and GTalk takes song info from it. AMIP works the other way.
+Quote Post
arielCo
post Mar 3 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Serge @ Mar 3 2011, 05:04 AM) *

AMIP works the other way.

Confirmed:
CODE
Class Name: Winamp v1.x
Text: 1. Los Pericos - Complicado y aturdido - Winamp

Would you consider, instead of simulating user input, creating an invisible "window" to do this? I mean, both solutions are rather hackish laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Serge
post Mar 4 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #8

AMIP Developer

Yep, I'm considering this solution, however AMIP development has not been very active in the last years, since it requires a major push and resources to finally get Unicode supported and the new tagging library working. Once (if) it's done, I can go on and implement other features like this one (should be pretty easy to get it working).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: