Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Incorrect Song Length Reporting, mIRC 6.17, AMIP 2.53 latest beta
Thomas Winwood
post Jun 14 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

With two of my songs (Nothing At All and The Menstrual Rag, both by Adam Kay and Suman Biswas) AMIP fails to report the correct song lengths (in the first case it reports 1:55 when the correct length is 3:57; in the second case it reports 0:55 when the correct length is 1:56). %pm and %ps report the correct numbers.

I have tried the following:

1. Calculate the length via a different method (using the value of %sl and taking quotient and remainder to find minutes and seconds as opposed to using %min and %sec straight off).
2. Redownloaded the file to see if something I had done to it had thrown it off.
3. Updated from the current stable AMIP (which reported 17 seconds for Nothing At All and 8 seconds for The Menstrual Rag) to the current development release.

I have not however observed this behaviour in any other songs; an acquaintance of mine has experienced trouble with certain songs reporting the wrong title, but I am not sure if this is related.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Serge
post Jun 14 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #2

AMIP Developer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Looks like your songs are encoded with lame free format codec that is not correctly supported by most of the libraries (like encspot used in AMIP).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Thomas Winwood
post Jun 14 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

Forgot to mention, I'm using Winamp 5.21.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: